I’m beginning a monthly post with content (articles, books, podcast episodes) that I enjoyed. Here we go!
Hiring and onboarding, with focus on remoting
- Best practices for remote onboarding.
- 7 Tips for Onboarding Remote Employees.
- Scaling engineering organizations.
- How do you (GitLab) onboard new team members?.
- Questions for our first 1:1.
- CrunchyData learning portal.
- The Surprising Impact of Medium-Size Texts on PostgreSQL Performance.
- Lessons learned scaling PostgreSQL database to 1.2bn records/month. This led me to experiment with
join_collapse_limitparameters, because our SQL queries are quite complex and the plan time vs. execution time trade-off should pay off.
- SQL Optimizations in PostgreSQL: IN vs EXISTS vs ANY/ALL vs JOIN.
- PostGIS Trajectory: Space plus Time. We’re probably going to experiment with routing, this can be priceless.
- PostGIS performance tips.
- OSM PostGIS Tuning.
- Virtual PostGIS Day 2020 videos by Crunchy Data.
- How we processed 12 trillion rows during Black Friday.
- Investigating performance bottlenecks with SQL, simple statistics and Google Sheets.
- Sentry Performance Monitoring & Google’s Web Vitals.
- Anita Graser blog on GIS is truly impressive, check it out. Follow @underdarkGIS!
- Boost your Company Feedback Culture in 4 Weeks.
- Systems design explains the world: volume 1.
- Templates as Inspiration for Software Engineers and Engineering Managers.
- How to stop using your GraphQL API as a REST API.